Sunday 7 December 2014

Rise and shine

I have traveled a LOT around India. Dating back to when I started understanding places around me, to present day where I have incorporated it as a passion and hobby. 

Out of all the places I have visited and resided for shorts; North east is one of the most exotic and beautiful places I have ever seen. To date, I have been to the north east twice, and the most amazing place I believe is Sikkim. It is literally paradise on earth. It has a wide 
plant over culture, landscape, biodiversity & life literally on an edge. 

Both the times I have been here, I have stayed at one the most hospitable places I could have around. It is known as 'Tip-Top Gujarati Guest House'. I now personally know the man who has come up with this most welcoming place you could be at. 

Jigar Doshi, was just in his twenties on his maiden visit to Gangtok (Sikkim's capital city). He resided at Dalai Lama's 'Tibet Hotel'. It was the only  good option of stay in those times. Jigar is religious man and strictly follows the principles of what his (religion) has taught him. Since he was a vegetarian, he could not find good food around Gangtok to eat (Non-Veg food was the only option on consumable terms). His suffering because of the unavailability of consumable food around him, brought him to determination of doing something about it & something for the people like him, who would find themselves helpless if they visit the place. 

He bought a small building near the diesel powerhouse in Gangtok with capital help from his father. With 4 plates, 4 spoons & 4 bowls; he started his first ever hotel. He waited 6 months for his first customer to arrive. He served, he cleaned and he maintained. The customer was billed for 300 Rupees, but Jigar accepted 101 Rupees from him as his first earning. 

Jigar now has this hotel expanded with almost a full working staff of over 15 employees. He has always welcomed Gujarati customers and given them exquisite guidance to tour around sikkim. Prime minister Shri Narendra Modi himself has visited the guest house 4 times to date, and today he makes it a point to visit Jigar if he is in Gangtok. 

Listening to all of this from Jigar himself, has inspired me and given me an idea of what an actual struggling entrepreneur goes through. 

I salute this man for the kind of services he offers and the way he sends his customers smiling back home.


Thriving entrepreneur, Jigar Doshi.

No comments:

Post a Comment